Archives de l'Open International de Malakoff
[Parties PGN]                 
⚠ This tournament is over. Click here to view the current edition.
19th International chess open, Malakoff 2021
⚠ The tournament is cancelled.
The French Malakoff et Mat chess club organises its traditional chess open from Saturday 17th to Sunday 25th April 2021.
The so-called Salle des fêtes Jean Jaurès (village hall) with its two chess areas is able to welcome up to 300 players in very good conditions. It is located at Malakoff, a town near Paris and easily accessible with the subway so that you can combine chess and tourism.
The maximum capacity will be set to comply with the health regulations which will be in effect in April 2021.
- Tournament, 9 rounds, 9 days, no twice rounds in a day
- Time control : 1h30/40 moves, then 30 minutes, with an increment of 30 seconds per move during the whole game
- Pairing system : accelerated Swiss with decreasing points (S.A.D.)
- Prizes by final rank and categories
- International arbiter : John LEWIS
- Mandatory chess licence affiliated to FIDE
- Forfeit : 60 minutes after the official scheduled start time
- Check-in : mandatory for the invited players 1 hour before the first round
- The official regulation of the tournament will be displayed in the tournament hall
The previous editions of the tournament can be reviewed in the archives.
- Max LEULY
- 17 rue du Capitaine Ferber, Esc. 10
- Tel: +33 (0)6 51 45 84 70
- E-Mail : email@example.com
- Web : https://www.malakoffetmat.fr
The registrations will not be opened to the public.
Agenda of the tournament
The time zone is Central European Time (CET) :
- Saturday 11th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Sunday 12th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Monday 13th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Tuesday 14th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Wednesday 15th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Thursday 16th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Friday 17th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Saturday 18th April 2021 at 02:00 PM
- Sunday 19th April 2021 at 10:00 AM ⚠
- Salle des fêtes Jean Jaurès
13 avenue Jules Ferry
Entrance from the parking
Several transportation means are available to you :
|Transport||Stop||Minutes of walk||Route|
|Subway «Métro 13»||Malakoff-Plateau de Vanves||6'||Left hand-side exit. Route finder on RATP|
|Bus 126||Gabriel Péri - André Coin||3'||Map 126|
|Bus 191||Map 191|
|Bus 194||Augustin Dumont||10'||Map 194|
|Bus 388||Map 388|
|Suburban train «Transilien N»||Vanves-Malakoff||8'||Specific train schedules apply at SNCF|
|Tramway 3a||Didot||15'||Straight ahead via «Avenue Georges Lafenestre» and «Rue Victor Hugo»|
|Car||🚗 Free parking|
The final ceremony to grant the prizes to the present winners will take place on Sunday 25th April 2021 at 04:00 PM. Let's share a drink also !
The hall of fame of the tournament is available since 2002.
Our committee wish you an excellent chess preparation prior to your coming to the tournament !
[ Haut de page ]