18th International chess open, Malakoff 2020
Cliquez ici pour accéder à la version française
The French Malakoff et Mat chess club organises its traditional chess open from Saturday 11th to Sunday 19th April 2020.
The so-called Salle des fêtes Jean Jaurès (village hall) with its two chess areas is able to welcome up to 300 players in very good conditions. It is located at Malakoff, a town near Paris and easily accessible with the subway so that you can combine chess and tourism.
- Tournament, 9 rounds, 9 days, no twice rounds in a day
- Time control : 1h30/40 moves, then 30 minutes, with an increment of 30 seconds per move during the whole game
- Pairing system : accelerated Swiss with decreasing points (S.A.D.)
- Prizes by final rank and categories
- Officially recognized for FFE and FIDE ratings
- International arbiter : John LEWIS
- Mandatory chess licence affiliated to FIDE
- Forfeit : 60 minutes after the official scheduled start time
- Check-in : mandatory for the invited players 1 hour before the first round
- The official regulation of the tournament will be displayed in the tournament hall
The previous editions of the tournament can be reviewed in the archives.
- Max LEULY
- 17 rue du Capitaine Ferber, Esc. 10
- Tel: +33 (0)6 51 45 84 70
- E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web : https://www.malakoffetmat.fr
They are opened until 10th April 2020 included.
Online form and secure payment
Send an email and your registration will be confirmed after the payment on 11th April before 01:00 PM. Starting from 6th April 2020 included, this registration mode is subject to availability.
|Category||Until 5th April 2020||From 6th April 2020|
|Adult||60 €||70 €|
|Young under 20 years old||30 €||35 €|
|Fide master||30 €||35 €|
|GM, IM, WGM, WIM||Free of charge, with no particular advantage|
Agenda of the tournament
The time zone is Central European Time (CET) :
- Saturday 11th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Sunday 12th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Monday 13th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Tuesday 14th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Wednesday 15th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Thursday 16th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Friday 17th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Saturday 18th April 2020 at 02:00 PM
- Sunday 19th April 2020 at 10:00 AM ⚠
- Salle des fêtes Jean Jaurès
13 avenue Jules Ferry
Entrance from the parking
Several transportation means are available to you :
|Transport||Stop||Minutes of walk||Route|
|Subway «Métro 13»||Malakoff-Plateau de Vanves||6'||Left hand-side exit. Route finder on RATP|
|Bus 126||Gabriel Péri - André Coin||3'||Map 126|
|Bus 191||Map 191|
|Bus 194||Augustin Dumont||10'||Map 194|
|Bus 388||Map 388|
|Suburban train «Transilien N»||Vanves-Malakoff||8'||Specific train schedules apply at SNCF|
|Tramway 3a||Didot||15'||Straight ahead via «Avenue Georges Lafenestre» and «Rue Victor Hugo»|
|Car||🚗 Free parking|
The final ceremony to grant the prizes to the present winners will take place on Saturday 19th April 2020 at 04:00 PM. Let's share a drink also !
The hall of fame of the tournament is available since 2002.
Our comitee wish you an excellent chess preparation prior to your coming to the tournament !
[ Haut de page ]